Monday, May 10, 2010

Vampire Confessions:

Okay, I'm not a Catholic, but I'll confess anyway. Know how I hate, loathe, despise"Twilight"?Well, I love "True Blood". The TV series that is. It's raunchy, violent and awfully good, though I find the books to be tol

Okay, I'm not a Catholic, but I'll confess anyway. Know how I hate, loathe, despise"Twilight"?


Well, I love "True Blood". The TV series that is. It's raunchy, violent and awfully good, though I find the books to be tolerable and not much more.

And then some weeks ago, I flipped to "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" on cable and found myself hooked on a new show.

I've been aware of "Buffy" fandom for years, but passed it by in favor of "Charmed"--and I still prefer the Halliwells over the denizens of Sunnydale. But now I'm spending a lot of nights watching the whole Buffy canon on my computer--thank you Netflix!--and having a durned good time doing so.

So now that I am aware of the "Buffyverse", I am ROFTL over this inspired piece of work by Jonathan McIntosh. It shows Edward Cullen as the creepy, stalker he is--and if he's what passes for a good looking guy today with that stringy hair and weird bulgy eyes, I feel for my daughers' generation.

I only wish I'd seen it before the Webby Awards closed, I'd have gladly voted for it.

Enjoy.

No comments: