Saturday, August 07, 2010

Hives


Not me, JR. We think it's from a shampoo used this week--have a family history of weird reactions to this sort of thing.
Doctor yesterday for prednisone. Seemed better last night.
Back this afternoon because the hives were worse than ever. Higher prednisone dose, new antihistamines.
Here's hoping my itchy girl is feeling MUCH better tomorrow and that we can head up to Pennsylvania. She and her sister are supposed to be spending the coming week with my parents(!)

4 comments:

de said...

Yikes! How is she?? I hope it worked and she is much more comfortable. My husband's side of the family has this sort of problem, but we haven't encountered anything too serious with the kids yet.

The Library Lady said...

After the evening dose of prednisone and one dose of antihistamines, she slept all night and this morning the hives were nearly gone.

She is now in PA with her grandparents and will continue the prednisone with the dosage tapering down. Sadly my mom knows a LOT about this medication--in fact,my dad is just finishing a course of it himself!

de said...

Not a great start to the trip, and probably contributing to her difficulty settling down.

The Library Lady said...

She'd have been that way anyway. She is such a homebody. We are going to the beach for 2 weeks and since we are taking both cars I am going to come home mid vacation to tend my garden and do other things. And I fully expect she'll want to come back w/me to see her cats and sleep in her own bed for a night!