Tuesday, November 02, 2010

VOTE!

Don't tell me you're not informed about the issues. That's not stopping the sheeple the Tea Party is ferrying to the polls today. Besides, it's not as if this was a British campaign, with weeks for the candidates to say their pieces. This has been going on for MONTHS!

Don't tell me you don't like any of the candidates. I disliked our local Congressman when he was mayor of our fair city. I have not liked him as a Congressman. I think he is a self-adoring jerk--and SC went to school a year or two back with one of his kids and says she's just as bad--but he's better than the alternative. Sure, I'd like him to retire--I'd like most of those folk across the river to retire--but until we have term limits and better financing laws it ain't gonna happen. Which is exactly WHY we need to vote.

The Tea Party keep harking back to our Founding Fathers. Well, those founding fathers didn't allow anyone to vote who wasn't 21, white and MALE.

If you are a woman, or a minority of any kind, the chance to vote is a privilege people fought for just as hard--and longer--than did our Founding Fathers. We need to honor them by voting.

And if you don't vote, I don't want to hear a word out of you about what this country is or isn't doing for you.
Because your chance to speak up is TODAY.

1 comment:

Saints and Spinners said...

My chance to speak up was a week ago, because I voted by absentee ballot. (Yes, I am a smarty-pants. But I'm a voting smarty-pants.)