Friday, December 31, 2010

End of A Decade

This has been the decade of my 40s. Come Thanksgiving 2011, I'll be 50, something that I am not looking forward to as calmly as I did my 40th birthday.

But tonight I'll concentrate on the good things.

There is lumpia and pancit for dinner--I made the lumpia and the Man the pancit. The Muppets playing on our new blu-ray player and even newer flat screen TV. Sparkling cider and a chocolate pavlova for midnight. Even if it does seem to have flattened out, it'll taste great with whipped cream and raspberries.

My daughters and my husband and my cats to cuddle with at midnight as we ring in 2011.

Warm cosy beds with clean sheets to sleep in, and Belgian waffles with ice cream and fruit for lunch tomorrow.

Happy New Year, everyone.

1 comment:

de said...

Mmmm. Happy New Year!

I was thinking sometime in the last 12 hours or so that enjoying good food was something I was planning to do MORE of in the future.