Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Festival Of Freedom

Or so I hope it is for my dad.
On Thanksgiving morning at 4AM he started having trouble breathing (asthma and COPD) and Mom called 911.
It was something straight out of a Monty Python sketch, with first cops, then firemen and finally paramedics crowding into his bedroom and finally getting him to the hospital.Mom went with him of course.

I got my wish to cook Thanksgiving dinner (more on that over at The Library Lady Cooks) but it wasn't how I'd wanted it. And instead of Mom making me a birthday cake, I baked a chocolate Pavlova for dessert.

Mom got home for dinner,but Dad's been in the hospital since. I went to see him several times before leaving, but it wasn't the Thanksgiving we'd dreamed of.

So here's hoping that the doctors do as they said and release him from the hospital today.
It's the first night of Hanukkah. I'd like him to celebrate that Festival of Freedom at home where he belongs.

Here's Peter, Paul and Mary singing one of my favorite Hanukkah songs.

Ah Freilichen Chanukah!


5 comments:

de said...

Hope it's not impertinent of me to observe that your Dad seems to have trouble around the holidays every year. Maybe the excitement and stress is too much for him. Hope he is back at home!!

The Library Lady said...

I don't think that's it--he got sick when they were up in PA too and that's never happened before. And he LOVES having us come and seeing his granddaughters.

The Library Lady said...

And yes, thanks, he IS home. Called and left me a message saying he was home & that he was going to take a nap in his own bed and call me later!

MrsEdwardsBlogs said...

I hope the Festival of Lights is TRULY bright for your dad (and the rest of you) this year.

Saints and Spinners said...

I hope things improve for your dad. I send my good thoughts.