Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mouth Wide Open

I have seen a lot of things in 25 (eep)years of children's work.
I have seen a lot of things in 11 years in this branch.

But I have never, EVER seen a parent so out of control of their 2 year old that they allowed him to throw a board book over the second floor balcony!

Luckily, no one was hurt. But they could have been. It was a hard, cardboard object and the drop is considerable.

I was so shocked that when the mother came downstairs (and she was NOT rushing, worried that someone had been hurt), all I could do was hand her the book.

Instead of doing what I SHOULD have done, which is to say "You need to take him out of here. NOW!"

And I am beginning to wonder if I haven't just met the kid who stole my penguin out of the office in November......

No comments: