Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day!



This is Fred the Sock Monkey, who lives with JR.
Today he is known as Fred O'Banana and couldn't care less about green beer. Now green BANANAS are another story.

If you'd like to wish Freddie a happy St Paddy's Day, you'll find a link to his blog on the left side of this blog.

Fred may be the most Irish thing around here. But I worked in an Irish neighborhood in NYC for 4 happy years, I love Irish music and I wear a cladagh ring that the Man gave me.
So though it's another of those holidays I like to commemorate at least a little bit.

I've baked soda bread for today--if it's any good the recipe will go up on the other blog. We've got corned beef since we all love it except JR , but I'm saving it for Friday night since today is the day our lovely cleaning lady comes in. Not a day to be using the crockpot, and that's the best way to do corned beef IMHO.

I just spotted this button and think I'll have to buy it for next year. As a matter of fact, I AM a  Cohen on my mother's side of the family:


Hope you have a happy St Patrick's Day, no matter where you're from!

No comments: