Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

Not from Louisiana. Not even a Catholic.

None the less, there is a King cake on the counter at work that won't be there much longer at the rate the staff is eating it--and another one at home. More about this on the Library Lady Cooks blog.






At story hours, the theme is "Swamp Romp". Lots of Cajun music from Michael Doucet (Le Hoogie Boogie), Johnette Downing (why hadn't I heard of her before) and a lovely, funny version of "Mama Don't Allow" from a duo called "Fox and Branch":




And even the penguin has gotten into the spirit:


2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Lovely fun! And Johnette Downing is great. She's been to Seattle before, and I'm lobbying to get her to return.

Happy Mardi Gras. Starting tomorrow, I'm giving up sarcasm for Lent. Wish me luck.

The Library Lady said...

You ARE brave :D

If I did that, I don't think I'd be able to blog!