Sunday, June 05, 2011

Hell Is A Laser Tag Arcade

JR has had several crappy birthday parties over the years for various reasons, so last year I made sure she had a wonderful party. And when she wanted a laser tag party for this year, I went for it.

I knew what I was in for. I'd dropped her off for her best friend's party last summer, so I knew it was going to be in a LOUD building filled with screaming kids, noisy shoot-em-up games, etc, etc.

And it's expensive. You HAVE to have at least 9 players--and you pay for 9 even if there aren't 9.
And we didn't end up having 9--JR's best friend couldn't come, and neither could 2 other friends.

None the less we did it.

They had fun. It was a success.

And it's over.And I never, ever, EVER am doing that again.

Now all I have to do is look forward to what she wants for her 13th birthday. Oy............

2 comments:

De said...

hell is a kid's birthday party in general. My son's party is on the 18th. I keep trying, not so subtly to talk him out of it.

The Library Lady said...

I am shamed to admit that I, the woman who has done parties for 100 at the library has always quailed at my own girls' parties.

It matters so much more. And one or two of them haven't worked out, and that makes me feel really bad when they've anticipated them.

I've been lucky--didn't start even doing parties till SC was 5--and now I'm nearing the end of bday party hell. One thing I won't miss about having younger kids!