Thursday, July 21, 2011

What Now, Senator Inhofe?

Back in winter 2010, when we of the DC area had what we called "Snowmaggedon", Senator Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma and his grandkids had great fun building what he called  "Al Gore's Future Home", a snow igloo up on Capitol Hill.

Well, it's July 2011 now, Senator and my husband and I were considering whether we should send you a nice ice sculpture for in front of your office building.

It is 95 frickin' degrees, it feels like 110, and we've got more of this to come until Sunday at least.
This is at least the 3rd and perhaps the 4th heat wave of this kind we have had this summer.

I have lived and worked in this area for 22 years, and for 21 of those years, I did outdoor programs every July and some Augusts, but this year I cancelled them and I am glad that I did.

It has gotten progressively hotter over the last decade, to the point where I had to move at least 1 program per series indoors because of extreme heat. If I had done the series this year, I probably wouldn't have been out at all!

It's NOT "global warming", it's climate change, Senator. Extreme weather of all kinds. And some of it IS due to the big businesses that back you--the oil companies, the manufacturers who pollute, etc.

So deny it as you will, because you can mock Al Gore and Co all you like.
But they're right.

It may be an "inconvenient truth" for you and your cronies. But a truth it is indeed.

Enjoy the heat, Senator.....

2 comments:

De said...

I saw a comment from someone who lives in Nebraska, sniping that now that the heat [we all handle with aplomb] is moving East, it will be the top news story. Puh-lease.

I'm getting hormonal and I'm sweating in the a/c. I don't want to hear it.

The Library Lady said...

They're SUPPOSED to get heat waves like this back in Inhofe's home state. But here on the East Coast? Nope.

Take some cool showers and hang in there!