Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day 2011

This is my father in 1942, when he was 21 years old. He is 90 now.

He served in the Air Force and never flew a plane, but he instructed hundreds of pilots and in doing so was probably more instrumental in the war effort than a lot of those men actually at the front!

Happy Veterans Day to him. To my father-in-law, who will be 90 next month, who fought in the Filipino Army, is a survivor of the Bataan Death march.

To all the men and women who have bravely served our country, both in wartime and peacetime, including the Man, an Air Force veteran.

You don't have to support the wars to support the troops. Here's to them all, and may all of those serving now come home safely to their loved ones.

4 comments:

Life Line said...

I really enjoy what you write,I do try to come and see your Blog's

Library Diva said...

I like your blog a lot! And what a sweet tribute to your dad.

The Library Lady said...

Thanks for the nice words.
My dad is a sweetie who pretends to be a grouch. I am so lucky to have him for a dad--and to still have him with us.

Life Line said...

I got some picture of my dad when I was a little boy and some times I feel like that little boy when I go visit him. i'll see if I can find them and post'em but I do have two Blog's one is LIFE LINE 101101 and two is Life Line 2 on .blogspot.com I will post them their for you to see.