Monday, October 29, 2012

A President To Be Proud Of

George Bush didn't bother to deal with Hurricane Katrina until he had to, and then his team totally bungled it.

Barack Obama is in the fight of his political life. There are 8 days left until the election and he needed every moment of that campaigning time.

But right now Sandy, the "Frankenstorm" is decimating the East Coast. And President Obama has suspended his campaigning.

I am sure that when this is over, he will have the right people swing into action to do what needs to be done. I am sure that right now his staff is making careful plans.

That's what presidents do. That's what their job is all about.
And what he said today says it all:

“I am not worried at this point about the impact on the election. I’m worried about the impact on families, and I’m worried about the impact on our first-responders. I’m worried about the impact on our economy and on transportation. The election will take care of itself next week.”

Thank you, Mr President.

Stay safe, everyone.

No comments: