Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'm Okay

The e-mail came Sunday evening.

I was about to go to bed. I was exhausted.

I'd had a horrible week of "Nutcracker" programs that I will rant about elsewhere.

I'd promised JR I'd take her to DC on Saturday to see some of the Christmas decorations, and I did and it was lovely, but I was tired from that andent most of Saturday with JR in DC, and then I'd come home and and had a horrible time with the Man who is on the edge of depression and behaved in ways that scared me.
He seems a lot better now, but I'm watching him. And I really want him to go for some counseling--both of the girls have after everything that's happened this year, and so could he.

Then I was baking and cooking, culminating in having JR's friend and SC's boyfriend over for Hanukkah lunch on Sunday, a far cry from other years when we'd had lots of friends and relatives over and it was all wonderful.

And through it all, I'd been worrying about that damn ultrasound.

I decided to check my e-mail before going to bed and there it was--a message from Kaiser.

I'm fine. Nothing scary. Enjoy the rest of the holiday season!

I am worried about other health issues--a colonoscopy and various blood tests await me. So does a mammogram.

I'm still stressed over the holidays, worried about my family, missing my dad.

But I'm okay. I'm not terrified. I can eat again and I'm sleeping better than I have in weeks.

And I'm thankful for that.

1 comment:

De said...

Phew! So happy for you. Try to just be part of the holidays and not worry about making them (I know, nearly impossible given all that a woman and mother is "responsible" for). There have been many times in my life when I've had to go into treading water mode just to get through things. I hope A pulls through all right.