Friday, March 22, 2013

Thought For the Day

When there's a bad smell in your car (girls said it smelled like cat or fish food, I feared I had something dead in my engine), do a REALLY thorough clean out before you take it to the garage.
I have a dread of "mommy car" along with "mommy purse", but the girls aren't in my car as much as they were and I try to keep things as neat as possible. Garden tools are in the trunk all summer and there are other things that stay a while. But mostly, I empty things out. Or so I thought.

Otherwise, you may entertain your mechanics and embarrass yourself when they discover a potato, probably there since you did latkes in December, has rolled under the driver's seat, is wedged there and is rotting!

Easily remedied, but never to be forgotten...........

3 comments:

Mad Baggage said...

Empathy. I have a similar story, but don't want to share in public. Still, you'd be horrified how many large black house/horse flies can hatch from one tiny dead sparrow the cat killed and hid under the bed...

The Library Lady said...

Eew--glad my cats are indoors only beasties! And very glad to see you here!!

Anonymous said...

Phew! Rotten potatoes are so nasty. I find most car seats these days are hard to clean under because of all the electrical wires, so don't feel too bad.

De