Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Birthday, Daddy

I've never been a believer, but between the weird thing with the will two weeks ago, the Man's finding the safety deposit keys suddenly last weekend, and the thing with the elevator, I can't help wondering if there's some sort of afterlife bureaucracy that has delayed Mom's getting to where you are for about 6 weeks.

I hope there's an afterlife, Daddy. I hope you're there with Mom, and that she can let go of her food fears, and that there is food there.

I hope she's baking you a lovely cake and making you something wonderful for dinner and that the two of you are there, pain free and knowing how much we love you. We miss you, but we're grateful to have had you in our lives.

Cleaning out the house is driving me nuts, though.

All my love always,

No comments: