Tuesday, April 01, 2014

No Fooling

Six years ago today, I went on Weight Watchers and lost about 15 pounds. That was something good in a bad year, because that was the spring Nanay died.

I kept most of the weight off, but these last 2 years, especially these last 6 months of Mom's ordeal, I have strayed far, far away from what I should have been doing. My main foods have been Pepsi and Hershey's Kisses, and there has been lots of fat and sugar in my diet.

Yesterday,I went back on Weight Watchers.

I had braved the scale and knew I was now 5 pounds heavier than I'd been back in 2008. And I know that perimenopause/menopause is going to make it a lot harder to get back to where I need to be.

But I need to do it. For me, and for Mom.

Since Mom died, I have been wearing her wedding band on a chain around my neck. It is a tiny, thin band of gold and won't even fit on my little finger.

I plan to keep wearing it this way. But my goal is for it to fit on my finger.
Mom would like that...........

No comments: