Friday, February 27, 2015

Unacceptable

Dear Mom and Dad,

I was on the sofa with the family last night, and the Jeopardy question listed the 5 stages of grief, the last two being "depression" and "acceptance."

With you gone a year and a week, Mom, and you almost 3 (!) years , Daddy, I supposed I should be at "acceptance."

But I'm not.

I'm still at "depression" I think, and there's still "anger" left.  Hell, I'm still angry that Nanay left us and that's going on 7 years ago. Seven years!

I packed up your apartment. I scattered your ashes at sea.
But there is a piece of me that will never, ever accept that you are gone, I think.

Love you. Miss you.


1 comment:

MrsEdwardsBlogs said...

I understand exactly what you mean. It has been 10 years since Geri died, nearly 14 since Mommy, and nearly 4 since Daddy. I still want to talk to them, still tear up when I realize I can't. Love you.