Friday, November 13, 2015

Dear George Takei

Dear "Uncle George",

I am not trying to be a troll. I was a Star Trek fan long ago, before it was fashionable, and I even got to see you  back to the conventions in NYC in the 70s.

I have the utmost respect for your personal moral courage, and I understand the need to tell your story. My grandmother was a friend of the artist Mine Okubo, who was also in the camps and did some very significant art work based on her experiences.

But before plunking down $$$$ for your show, your fans might want to go to:
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/the-verdict-read-reviews-for-broadways-allegiance-starring-lea-salonga-george-takei-and-telly-leung-370729     They can read what the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal among others have written about your show.
 
 Because the truth is that while you'll probably be on Broadway for a long time thanks largely to your adroit use of social media, the show isn't as good as you'd like them to believe.

Sincerely yours,

The Library Lady

No comments: