Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Being Grateful

My mammogram was normal and the Man is much, much more like his old self. I feel like I've gotten my husband back. He still has him moments--but he seems visibly to love me again, which is all that matters.

I've taken to using Headspace, a meditation app, and Andy, the "guru" if you will, had an animation about how you should remember that even when the clouds block the sky, there is still sun and blue sky beyond them. I've seen some of that blue sky recently and I appreciate it.

I need to stay grateful for that. Because not only has the house hunt stayed static, but our beloved Chincoteague rental house has been sold. No more days on the big porch, reading and napping on the swing. No more family meals at the fabulous glass topped table full of sand and sea creatures.

So I look at houses to buy and houses to rent, and it's all frustrating.

But I was in ballet last week, and often when we're doing certain exercises (ronde de jambe especially), I get a lovely feeling of beauty and grace. 

We were doing ronde de jambe en l'air  last Thursday, which I love, and I had one of those moments. It was even more. I felt  profound happiness, to the point of tears.

 I am (hopefully) in good health. The Man is better. We've got each other and the girls.
That's a lot to be grateful for!

No comments: