Friday, May 13, 2016

Staff Day Rant

A mostly wasted morning--I know how to write an email, thank you--was followed by a nice lunch.
Then came the afternoon festivities.

We had a truly disturbing training on armed shooters by a local cop. He was matter of fact about it, which was the most terrifying aspect of all.

And we had a CPR related training which brought back not so happy memories of Dad, including the not funny but funny Thanksgiving when the firemen/EMT filled his bedroom, appearing one after the other like a Monty Python sketch.  The whole thing sent me to the rest room in tears.

The Elf won an award, sure enough.
One of her staff was given an award by the director for something I think she got one of the legitimate awards for 2 years ago. I really hate the director's awards, which smack of the old days at the library, when they were teacher's pet things and nothing more.

And then we were released. It had been raining all day, but when we emerged the sun was shining and the sky was blue, and I could hear this in my head:

No comments: